Dr. Jack Newman, a Pediatrician, founder of the First Clinic in the world dedicated to breastfeeding and the world's well-known breastfeeding expert, comes to Romania. If you are in contact with mothers and future mothers, you are about to become a parent, you have breastfeeding problems, or you just want to meet him, on August 31st you can be in front of Dr. Jack Newman at the conference “A day with Dr. Jack Newman in Romania. Breastfeeding. From Basics to Advanced Skills for Both, Parents & Specialists.”. During the conference you will be able to find correct and current information about:
- How to have a good start on breastfeeding
- How to correctly attach your baby for breastfeeding
- Tongue-tie (ankyloglossia) and breastfeeding
- What is the magic hour and how does this affect breastfeeding
- Supplementation with milk formula in the first days after birth
- How anesthesia affects breastfeeding
- About inflamed breasts, milk rage, breast rhagades, and other breastfeeding problems
- Why the baby does not gain weight and what you have to do in this situation
- About lactation decrease after the first months of breastfeeding by the book
- Babies are misdiagnosed with reflux or allergy to breast milk
- The silent enemies of breastfeeding and how we sabotage breastfeeding without wanting to
- What does nipple confusion mean?
- About breastfeeding on-demand vs. breastfeeding on a schedule
- Breast milk and prolonged breastfeeding
What they did not teach you about breastfeeding in hospital. About the beginning of breastfeeding, latch on, magical hour
This is the basis that every mother, doctor or lactation consultant should know. This is where they should start. Includes topics about hipoglicemia, jaundice, videoclips and discussion of what they mean.
Sore nipples and sore breasts
Very important topic. Looks not only at the basics, but gives the audience and even experienced lactation consultants and physicians a new perspective on this issue. Mothers and future mothers will learn what to do when breastfeeding is not going smoothly, as this can happen sometimes. Includes study cases and real life stories.
Late onset decreased milk supply
Why do mothers with abundant milk supplies end up after 2 or 3 months with a fussy, unhappy baby? Why would a baby who gained well for the first 2-3 months start not to gain well? The myth that formula is just as good as breast milk.
An approach that will clarify how to deal with these things without undermining breastfeeding. “An important talk, I believe, and not a well known issue. Often babies are wrongly diagnosed as having reflux or allergy to breastmilk.”, Dr. Jack Newman.
Parenting Academy este despre informatie de calitate sustinuta de specialisti in toate domeniile implicate in parenting: conceptie, sarcina, nastere, alaptare, nutritie, dezvoltare, ingrijire si educatia copiilor. Te asteptam cu drag!